Linksys Support by Experts
Linksys is an American organization founded in 1988 by Janie Tsao and Victor Tsao. It manufactures and sells data networking hardware products mainly to small businesses or home users. Its headquartered in Irvine, California. Linksys’s products contain wireless & wired routers, VoIP equipment, audiovisual products, Ethernet switches, wireless internet video cameras, and network storage systems. The products manufactured by Linksys are of distinguishing quality. Every product is engineered for perfect precision. The company follows to cope with the new advancements in the technological field by delivering excellent quality products to match users’ anticipating needs. Sometimes, the users might confront difficulty while performing some tasks related to Linksys routers, such as Linksys extender setup, Linksys wireless router setup process, or more. If you face such issues, you can implement the solutions provided in this article.
How to Setup a Linksys router >> Linksys Router Setup Help
For sharing your internet broadband connection across all your networking devices, you will first need to do the Linksys router setup. This is often a tricky task but doesn’t hesitate as this tutorial will help you to setup Linksys router effectively. If you do not know how to setup a Linksys router, use the following guide.
Follow these easy steps given below to set up Linksys router with a PC:
- First of all, ensure you have the right gear.
- You will need the following items, one PC that is your main computer, one modem, which is typically given to you by your internet service provider, a Linksys router, and two Ethernet cables. One cable should already be connected from your modem to your computer.
- The next thing you shall do is unplug the power from your DSL modem and make sure your router is unplugged.
- Now remove the Ethernet cable from your modem.
- Put the Ethernet cable into one of the ports available at the router’s rear end. Leave the other end at the back of your computer. Contact Linksys phone number to get information on ports.
- Take the second Ethernet cable to plug its one end into the available port on your modem.
- Plug the other end into the modem port on the router. Complete the connection to Linksys router.
- Reconnect the power supply to your modem.
- Now, wait for at least 30 seconds. Your modem should startup.
- Let power connect to Linksys router. The router will take almost 60 seconds to power up.
- Launch an internet browser such as Google Chrome on your computer to check if the router is working correctly.
- Now try to access any website; it should open up. This is how you set up Linksys router.
How to Setup Linksys Wireless Router >> Linksys Routers Configuration Help
These are simple steps that will help you properly in order to set up Linksys router wirelessly. You should perform this while doing the Linksys wireless router setup.
Let’s have a look at this method to setup Linksys wireless router:
- First of all, ensure the modem is getting the internet.
- By using an Ethernet cable, link the modem to Linksys wireless router.
- Ensure that the modem should be linked to the router’s WAN port.
- After doing this, configure the wireless router. For this, you have to connect your computer to the router by utilizing an Ethernet cable.
- Ensure LAN 1 of Linksys router requires to be connected to your PC via the cable.
- Launch the command prompt (CMD) into the default gateway and enter ‘config.’ After doing so, drag your cursor to look for the default gateway. You will find that most of the time, the default gateway of Linksys wireless is 10.0.0.1 (or you can use 192.168.1.1)
- Launch your internet browser and enter the default gateway (192.168.1.1) into the search bar and click the enter button.
- Once you have done all these things, you will be asked to enter the username & password into the given fields. You can try these combinations to enter it: Username = admin & Password = password. If this combination doesn’t work, try to use: username = admin & Password = admin.
When you’re on the Linksys wireless router setup window, you can modify some settings as you want. In order to complete this wireless router setup session, you now need Linksys routers configuration.
- Locate the wireless settings and change the SSID (Network Name) and for the password, locate the wireless security & modify the network key (password).
- After doing this, save all the settings and reboot your wireless router. And then you have to wait a few minutes.
All about Linksys Smart WiFi Setup >> Linksys Wireless Routers Setup Help
If you do not know how to setup Linksys router, you have arrived at the right place. Linksys smart WiFi setup is a valuable option for getting started with the router. The firmware holds the Smart Setup Wizard, which can be accessed even with no internet connection. You should know how to setup Linksys router as it will reduce your dependency on others if your router faces some issues. Use the following steps for Linksys wireless routers setup and configuring Linksys routers:
- Connect the antennas to your router and plug it into the power source
- Ensure that the power switch of the router is on
- Connect the modem’s ethernet cable to the router’s internet port
- Connect to the WiFi
- Open a browser and visit http://linksyssmartwifi.com
- Agree to the terms of service and hit ‘Next’
- In the next window (Updates for your router), hit ‘Next’. If you don’t want automatic updates, you can uncheck the option in this window.
- In the next window, input WiFi name and password that you want, and hit ‘Next’
- Connect to newly made WiFi and hit “Next’
- In ‘Create a router password’, input the router password
- Hit ‘Next’
- Linksys WiFi setup is done. Use these steps if you want to understand how to access Linksys router and configuring Linksys routers.
How to Login to Linksys Router >> Linksys Help
Use this guide if you do not know how to login to Linksys router or configure Linksys routers. The Linksys router web-based interface is its control panel for storing and changing its settings. Follow this guide to know how to log onto Linksys router:
- Connect to Linksys router
- Open any browser and visit 168.1.1
- Input the login credentials of the Linksys router
- You can now easily configure Linksys routers
How to Setup Linksys Extender >> Linksys Help
If you don’t know how to setup Linksys extender, this section is very helpful.
- Firstly, turn on the Linksys range extender after plugging it into the power outlet.
- From your computer, press the wireless icon given at the taskbar to check the available networks.
- Now, look for Linksys extender setup, and then launch the network to connect with it.
- After connecting it, launch your internet browser, and it should take you to the Linksys extender setup window. If you don’t get the setup page, then visit the http://extender.linksys.com/ link.
- After doing this, you can utilize 192.168.1.1 as the Linksys extender’s default IP address.
- Perform on-screen instructions and begin the setup procedure for the Linksys extender.
- You can modify the language and accept the terms & conditions. After that, hit next.
- Choose the network from the provided list of networks and enter the password. And then hit next.
- You can either leave the network name & password default or change them for the Extender according to your comfort. After doing so, press the next button. In the next step, you can also lock the extender setup utilizing the administrator password.
- Press the next button by saving all the settings. After that, reboot your Linksys range extender.
- After restarting, you can plug the Linksys extender anywhere within the range of the existing router and utilize it to your password for connecting with it.
How to Set up Linksys n300 Wi-Fi Range Extender >> Linksys WiFi Setup Help
Linksys wireless extender setup is an easy process. The following steps will help you regarding how to set up your Linksys n300 WiFi range extender without any hindrance. However, you require some technical skills in order to complete the Linksys range extender setup. Also, you need to complete the following steps for doing the Linksys WiFi range router setup.
- Check the network SSID and Password.
- Perform the Linksys extender setup.
Now, perform the process mentioned below carefully and try to set up your Linksys router extender (n300 WiFi range extender).
- Your network SSID and password can be found on your router’s page. To accept the Linksys setup pages, open web browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
- On the Address bar, local IP address, and press the Enter key. Note: For Linksys routers, 192.168.2.1 is the default local IP address.
- Scroll down, look for router info, and write the WiFi name and password details.
- Now plug the Range Extender into a power outlet.
- Check the list of available networks and click Linksys set up using any WiFi device.
- Now you need to follow some steps for completing Linksys wireless extender setup.
- Open your web browser again and enter “http://linksys.range” in the Address bar. Then press the Enter button.
- Once in the range extender’s web-based Linksys set up page, click the Start button.
- Now select the wireless network you would like to extend. Enter the password and click Next.
- Then click on Confirm.
- Linksys router extender setup is now done.
Linksys Support Phone Numbers – Official
We have given all the Linksys contact details here to ease the search for official Linksys support numbers and other contact options. You can use any of the Linksys routers support options of the specific brand and connect with the experts. However, the Linksys customer service numbers and other contact options mentioned here are results of the resources available on the internet. In case, meanwhile, these Linksys routers support options get changed by the OEMs or the manufacturer, and if you are unable to use these given contact details, we are not accountable for this. Therefore, we suggest you have a thorough check over these Linksys customer support numbers and other contact options mentioned here by yourself and then use them.
|Linksys Customer Support Number||1 800-546-5797|
|Linksys Technical Support Number USA||800-326-7114|
|Linksys Live Chat Support||Linksys Official Chat Support|
|Linksys Technical Support Number Canada||(877) 855-6899|
|Linksys Customer Service Number Canada||1-800-546-5797|
|Linksys Office Number||(949) 270-8500|
|Linksys Support Number UK||02 030 274 625|
How to Reset Linksys Router >> Linksys Routers Reset Help
If you do not know how to reset Linksys router, you have arrived at the right place. After Linksys routers reset, your settings will roll back to factory settings, including WiFi name and wireless security. There are two ways to achieve a Linksys routers reset, namely, manual reset and software reset.
For resetting Linksys router via the manual method, do the following:
- Press the reset button
- Hold it for ten seconds
- Remove the router from the main power source for thirty seconds
- Plug the router back and check if the power light has turned solid
For resetting Linksys router via software, do the following:
- Open the browser and input 168.1.1
- Hit ‘Enter’
- Input admin credentials of the router for logging in. Use these steps if you do not know how to access Linksys router.
- Use default password: admin
- In Linksys setup pages of the router, go to the ‘Administration’ tab
- Hit ‘Factory Settings’
- Hit ‘Restore Factory Defaults’
All about Resetting Linksys Extender >> Linksys Routers Troubleshooting
Resetting Linksys Extender is going to roll back it to factory settings. If you face intermittent connections, you can use this guide. It is also helpful you cannot access the Linksys router setup page for Extender. This Linksys router setup page is web-based and is required if you want to backup your configurations. To reset the Linksys Extender, press the Reset button on the range extender for eight seconds. Alternatively, you can use the following steps:
- Open any browser and visit the range extender’s web-based setup page
- From ‘Administration’, go to ‘Factory Defaults’
- Hit ‘Restore Factory Defaults’
- Unplug the Extender from the power source for thirty seconds
- Plug it back in
How to Update Linksys Router Firmware >> Linksys Firmware Update Help
After purchasing a new Linksys router, you should perform a Linksys firmware update. A firmware contains encoded instructions to improve the performance of your Linksys router. The firmware can also resolve any issues regarding the previous firmware version. The steps mentioned below take you through the process of getting Linksys router updates.
Note: Before starting this process, ensure that your PC is connected to the router using an Ethernet cable for stable connectivity to prevent upgrade failures.
Check the firmware version
The firmware version of your router has to be identified to check whether it is outdated or just need to be reflashed, which is upgrading the firmware with the same version that you are currently using. The version and model number of the router is located at the bottom of the router or on the box above the UPC. If you do not know how to update Linksys router, check the next section.
Download the Linksys Router Firmware Update
Before updating, you need to download and save the Linksys router firmware update. Then, follow the steps given below to get a Linksys router update.
- Go to the official site of Linksys, then enter your device’s model number in the ‘enter model #’ field.
- On the device’s support page, scroll down the screen, and under the download section, select the file that you need.
- Select the firmware version, then click the download link.
- Open the file saved on the desktop. Rename this downloaded file so that you can easily identify it.
Perform the upgradation process for Linksys Firmware Updates
If you do not know how to update Linksys router, you have arrived at the right place. You can follow these steps to get Linksys firmware updates.
- Access the web-based Linksys router setup page by opening any web browser like Google Chrome.
- Enter the router’s local IP address on the address bar and press Enter.
- Open the router info section under the router details.
- Click ‘Browse’ and then look for the file you saved previously. Next, choose the firmware file & click Open.
- Now click on the update option and go ahead with the upgrade. Tap on OK.
- A prompt that tells you not to close or reset the router at the end of the upgrade will display. Click OK.
- The firmware update status will then appear. Make sure you do not unplug or interrupt the router during the process of updating.
- Once the update is finished, you need to wait for many seconds.
- Updating your Linksys router’s or Linksys range extender setup firmware process is now complete.
Fixing Linksys Router Not Working >> Linksys Router Troubleshooting
If Linksys router not working is an issue for you, you have come to the right place. In order to solve most of the Linksys routers problems, you must consider powecycling the device. For this purpose, turn the router off for ten seconds and then plug it back in. If this does not solve Linksys routers problems, use the solutions presented in the following Linksys router troubleshooting guide. In addition, if you face intermittent or dropping wireless connectivity, do the following:
- Adjust the maximum transmission unit size
- Reduce wireless interference
- Customize the router’s wireless settings
- Update the router’s firmware
We are sure you must now know how to config Linksys router. If you cannot access the web-based setup page of the router, it could be because of:
- Changed IP address of the router
- Changed password of the router
- Outdated firmware
- No network connection
- Firewall blocking the connection
Linksys Support from Us
In 2003, Linksys was purchased by Cisco and sold to Belkin, the recent owners, in 2013. Its products are sold to consumers off-the-shelf from electronic customer stores, big-box retail stores, and internet retailers like supermarkets. One of the most famous and globally utilized products of Linksys is its routers. You can read this article to resolve all your Linksys concerns easily. If you require extra assistance, you can also call the phone number mentioned on this webpage. It will connect your call to an independent 3rd party Linksys support where representatives are always available to help Linksys users.